SIS Home > News
News from the Specialized Information Services Division
Conference Exhibit Schedule
SIS staff will be available at these meetings and conferences.
Disaster Information Management Research Center
WISER for Android 3.1 is now available
WISER's Help Identify Chemical capability is now available on the Android platform.
- Identify and validate an unknown chemical based on the following criteria:
- Physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- Signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- The ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- Hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- Transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
- Use WISER's protective distancemapping feature on your Android device:
- Visualize the areas likely to beaffected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled orreleased on a live map.
- The Department of Transportation's Emergency ResponseGuidebook serves as the source of WISER's protective distance data
Environmental Health & Toxicology
New Agents added to Haz-Map
NLM updated Haz-Map with 497 agents. It now contains 10,133 biological and chemical agents.
TOXMAP beta now includes the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) 2012 National Analysis data.2/10/2014
New Agents and Job Tasks added to Haz-Map
NLM updated Haz-Map with 481 new agents, including 23 agents causing occupational ashtma. Fifteen new hazardous job tasks linked to jobs and industries were also added in this update.1/22/2014
HSDB record created for 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol
A Hazardous Substances Data Bank record was created for 4-Methylcyclohexanemethanol, the chemical found in the January 2014 West Virginia Elk River chemical spill.
Customer Survey for the NLM HIV/AIDS Portal begun
TOXNET and Beyond Class
Visit the News Archive for earlier announcements.